Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Real Fire in the Belly


I must announce a mea culpa to the O.W.S. protesters. I wrote a blog last year asking where was the fire in the belly of the young people today. The young and old people protesting around the country have proven to all of us that they have what it takes to bring focus to the rape of America by the rich. I totally admire their determination to effect change. What they are doing is incredibly hard and courageous. They are constantly vilified by right wing zealots and their politicians. They have the mainstream media baffled and perplexed. I love it. This is one of the few things in the last ten years that actually gives me hope. To me there is nothing to criticize about the movement. I just want to say thank you. The Japanese Admiral who attacked Pearl Harbor worried afterwards that he had just awakened a sleeping giant. The Wall Streeters and their bought and paid for politicians probably feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment