Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fat Cats Bank on a Celebration


Let me get this straight. You fail miserably at your job. So miserably in fact, that you wreck the National economy. You help to spread financial pain and heartache through America. So naturally, your Fat Cat boss comes to you and gives you a multi-million dollar bonus. Huh? When your boss is asked why, he says "You have to pay top dollar to keep good people." Huh? So the plan was to lose billions, get a handout and skate away. Only in a land totally ruled by Fat Cats is this possible. Even if the bonuses were written in stone before this crisis wouldn't the moral thing to do be to refuse them? Couldn't your boss say if you take this bonus you'll have to find work elsewhere?

At my first job working in a pet store way back in ancient times, I earned one dollar an hour and anything I broke I had to pay for. Some weeks I would come home with very little to show for my efforts. My, my, how the world and people have changed.


No comments:

Post a Comment